Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for supporting the Psyched to Climb team, which supports the Pediatric Mental Health Institute (PMHI) at Children's Hospital Colorado. Due to the COVID pandemic, this year's Courage Classic Tour has gone virtual, and our team is determined not to let that stop us from meeting this year's goal to raise $100,000 for PMHI by August 31st. On July 18, I'll join other team members for a socially-distanced 50-mile ride to support our fundraising goal.
2020 fundraising is more important than ever for PMHI.
Here are a few reasons why:
• Suicide is the leading cause of death for Colorado youth ages 10-24.
• During quarantine, PMHI had to shift from in-person visits to telehealth visits for which PMHI is losing 60 cents on the dollar.
• Unlike other parts of the hospital that have been quieter with Covid, PMHI remains at full capacity.
• Suicidal ideation has always been high, but with Covid, PMHI has seen concerning increases of ingestion attempts.
• Covid’s full impact on behavioral health is unknown.
• PMHI is just $2mm away from reaching an ambitious capital campaign to restructure the urgently needed physical space to accommodate in-patient stays.
Thanks for your support!