We all know that parenting is a super hero's job. But in our clinic, parents wear an even bigger super suit. They're parenting kiddos with complex health needs. These are our amazing Special Care kiddos, who usually:
- Have tons of medical appointments
- Have even more medical tests and treatments
- Get to spend too much of their young lives admitted to the hospital
- Need lots of home services, like nursing, therapies, and behavior support
- Take more medicine than any one person should have to
- Don't always look or act like other children (We think special needs kids are the best! But sometimes they get teased by people who don't understand them)
We know that life doesn't always deal us a fair hand, and sometimes it gets really tough for these kiddos and their families. But Courage Classic gives us a chance to give back! We can ride to greater heights, with your help, and raise funds to support the hospital that gives these kids such amazing care. We hope that eventually Special Forces will help to fund programs within our clinic that help meet individual family needs. And most of all we can inspire our patients, families, and each other to be better people, to care more about each other, and to endure life's challenges, one day at a time.
We can only do it with your support. Will you help?